Wednesday, December 10, 2008

And There were Two!!

This post is so long over-due. I was doing well before the holidays approached. You may understand why after I share some news that will change our lives....forever!! About a week and a half ago, Monday, November 1st, we got a call from our agency. "Are you sitting down?" They always ask that question before they tell you good news. "I am now", I said. I was only a few feet from our high-stool. I quickly sat, I thought, "the quicker I sit, the quicker I will hear the news." "Well, we have two boys for you, they are brothers." There is a pause, I know she is waiting to hear something from my end. I know some cry, others start yelling or screaming in excitement. I honestly didn't know how I would react. I hesitated, then said,"I knew it!!" I didn't think she quite expect that response. For the last few weeks I had a strong hunch that we would be presented with two boys. I think the Holy Spirit was getting me ready for the big decision that Jason and I would need to make. I told Lisa(our agency contact person) about my hunches and she just laughed. She went on to explain that she thought of us right away when she got the information of these two boys. The best news though.....they are brothers!!

Teketel is 3. We will call him Jonathan Teketel Meyer*****picture removed


Mussie(it means "Moses" in Ethiopian) is 1. We will call him David Mussie Meyer.***picture removed


Yes, we will be doubling our family. We had always talked to the girls about getting one little brother, so when this news came along, we showed them the two pictures. Gracie and Allie immediately said,"Can we keep them both?" Our hearts were over-joyed to see their excitement as well. Gracie argues that she is more excited than we are. We prayed that evening and the next day. We searched our hearts for strength and ability. Most importantly we prayed for God's will. I soon realized that I didn't have the ability or the strength to raise 4 kids under the age of 6, but if God called us to do this, then He would give the ability, strength and grace to be the kind of Dad and Mom we needed to be for our four children. We called Lisa back Tues. afternoon and told her we would take the boys. Jason was flying on clouds, I was more walking around in a fog saying, "4 kids under the age of 6, what I am doing?" After about the 3rd day, Wednesday, excitement started overpowering my fears. Jason has now declared we have enough kids to play football. I think he is excited not to be out-numbers anymore!! :)
Yes, I do feel overwhelmed at times and a little apprehensive of the unknown, and excited and all the other emotions that run in-between. Through it all, I have a peace that doesn't come from me. I am resting in Jesus Christ, My Lord and Savior. He is SOO much bigger than I am. Through is whole journey I have been so humbled and blessed that God would choose us to be a part of these precious boy's lives. What a privilege and honor!! I appreciate even more that I am a child of God's and that He accepted and adopted me!! What's even more amazing is that I was His enemy and my heart was dark. He still loved me enough to died for such a wretched sinner as me. As others have said, it puts the amazing back into amazing Grace. It also has made me see through fresh eyes the great privilege and joy that I have to be Gracie and Allie's mother as well. The role of being a mother is sacred and so full of blessing, responsibility and importance. I never take for granted that God has called me to this. I don't want to miss a moment of being a part of the lives of these 4 children.
Pray for us......We need and covet your prayers. We are anticipating bringing the boys home from Ethiopia by Feb or March. There is a lot to do between now and then. A lot of miracles need to happen.
Thank you all for your support and the joy that you share with us. You may never know what it means to us for you to share in our joy for these boys that you have never met. I promise to do better in keeping you all updated. Feel free to ask questions. I would love to fill you in.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

We are so excited for you guys! What an amazing gift God has given your family! I'm so glad that I get to experience this with you (even though I'm far away). We're praying for you. Your blog post was very well written. God WILL give you the strength you need. For some reason he trusted me with 4 kids under the age of 6 as well and I'm still alive! :) God is good, always. How exciting. Love you guys!

Micah, Tiffany, Andrew, Elijah, Isaac, Eliana, and Isabella said...

Honored to be sharing this with you, friend. What an abundant blessing!

Aubrey said...

Yay! I am so excited for you and to meet those boys! I kept checking your blog wondering when you were going to make the big announcement. :) Love you!

Ashley Claunch said...

I am overwhelmed with happiness for you all! What a joy to have a double blessing! We will be praying for you all, for God's grace. Thank you for sharing the news, it made my day. We love you all and miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting, Cara. I loved what Gracie asked about wanting to know if you could keep them both! Both your girls will be such a help to you. We will be praying for you guys!
Jaime

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! Praise the Lord!!!