Monday, August 17, 2009

Love Package #3



It's a simple package. Full of love and sentimental care. Both Gracie and Allie gave one of their favorite toys away(I didn't ask them to do this). Gracie loved her frog, but wanted her brothers to have it. Allie said that boys like balls and picked out this little soccer ball. This is our third package for Jonathan and David and each time it gets a little harder to send it off and pray this will be our last one to commission someone else to hold our boys and tell them we love them. To touch each thing that their hands will hold and wonder if they will really understand and feel the love that is sent to them in this package.
I don't ever boast of understanding God's will and timing and this is no exception. I pray daily for His strength to make it through and to turn my worries and anxieties over to Him. I know everything He does is for our best and for His glory and I have prayed for both. Today is a little harder, but my God is bigger than my tears and pain.
I pray every night the same thing that Jason prays over our girls ever since they were babies.

"Jonathan and David, may the Lord bless you and keep you. May He lift up His countenance upon you and be gracious to you and give you peace, joy and love. " I add: "May you feel His smile on your faces and feel Him so ever close to you. The Lord loves you more than I will ever be capable of doing and I put you, Jonathan and David, in His strong, loving and tender and capable arms."

2 comments:

Paula said...

What a lovely post... I hope this is the last time that someone else takes the package for you. How sweet of your daughters to give their own things to the brothers they have never met! We continue to pray for your family here at the Spears household.

Emily said...

Cara, if you are sending this to me, did Lisa tell you that we are leaving the 20th instead of the 21st? So it would need to be here by Wednesday. I just wanted to be sure you knew that since I would hate to miss it! Praying that you hear good news very soon.