Friday, August 7, 2009

Staying the Course

Today we got bad news from our agency. We were right in the fact that Rahel and Shimeliss were in the southern region looking for information on our boys and one other child. The only information we were told to day is that they needed more information on the boy's background or family. The problem they ran into was that the orphanage that the boys came from has closed and they were looking for the person who signed off on the boy's paperwork that worked at the orphanage. They went to his home and tried calling him, all to no avail. They need to find him in order to find their family? I am not totally sure. The reality may be that they may find him and he may not even know where the family is and then we are back to square one.

So all this to say that the obstacles are enormous and the road will be difficult. We are hoping to get more specific information next week as to what region in the south they are looking for information at, what the name of the orphanage was and the name of the person they are trying to get a hold of, and what specific information they need for the boys.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Jason and I need to also make some decisions as to what we are going to do. If anyone has any contacts in Ethiopia or any advise, we are taking all suggestions. Please send all information privately through our email: or The only thing that is non-negotiable is that we are not going to give up on the boys. Please pray for our agency and the people that they are in contact with in Ethiopia. Our hearts desire is to partner with them and not to be in conflict with them and how we go about getting them.

1 comment:

Paula said...

This has me practically in tears... I can't imagine what you are feeling. We'll be praying for you and will do anything else we can to help.