Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sending a package to Ethiopia.

We had the opportunity to send two gallon size containers to Jonathan and David a few weeks back. We were so excited!! I did not realize how much thought I would have to put into these packages. I ended up having a lot of questions for Lisa our "go-to" gal at our agency. I had initially places two soft blanks and a stuffed animal a piece in each bag. We didn't know what condition the blankets would be in, so we decided to wait until we saw the boys. I told Lisa how much Jason did not think I could get a blanket AND a stuffed animal in each bag. Let me pause and say right here. When a mother is determined....watch out!! So I took pictures to show you that I indeed got them in their containers. I was quite proud of myself and displayed my talents to Jason and of course bragged to Lisa!! :)






In the end, the picture below shows what we eventually put into their bags. The girls each painted them a picture and Gracie had drawn the picture in the middle of our family including the boys. We wrote a letter and put a family picture inside as well. It was so hard to know what to write and what to pack. I did not know how much a 3 and a 1 year old would be able to grasp as far as a picture and letter was concerned. We are so excited to meet them. The anticipation builds daily and I am thankful that my days are full of keeping up with the girls and other activities.
If I could have done one thing over, I would have sent a small photo album with pictures in it. I feel like kicking myself over that one, O well!!

'Til next time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara,
I've just caught up on your blog and I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you and your family. Your boys look absolutely beautiful. Your girls are already great big sisters and will be so good with them when they get home with your family. There's something special about a little brother and two is even better! (Emie and Lily fight over Luke all the time!)
Jaime