Thursday, April 16, 2009

Series(Part One) How to Keep Yourself From Going Crazy While Waiting


How have I been handling the waiting game? Sometimes well, other times with total discouragement. It's hard to connect the mind and heart sometimes to the truths you know. I thought I would share how we, Jason and I, are keeping sane and going through this time and trying to do it well. I don't want to fight God through this process, I want to be open to learn and grow. Usually hard times reveal my sinful tendencies. In some ways I welcome adversity, because they reveal so much of myself and how the Lord needs to deal with my heart. The adoption has not been the only difficulty in my life, as of late. The combination of several things has made me desperate before the Lord.
So why the picture of the cross? Because that is the first thing I do to keep myself from going crazy!! I lay my concerns at the feet of Jesus. Not only do I leave burdens behind, but I try to fill that spot with the promises of God's Word. What is emptied out has to be filled with something else. When my mind is tempted with worry or discouragement I cling to His Word and send arrows of prayer to heaven. I try to set my mind on things above. This week I am rereading these following verses:

1)Col 3:1-3: "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

2)Rom 8:5-8: "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God".

Series(Part One) How to Keep Yourself From Going Crazy While Waiting? Keeping my eyes and mind fixed on the cross and on Christ.

No comments: